Monday 11 July 2011

Weedfest 2011

Think I must have blinked and missed it, but somehow thistle like weeds have sprung up everywhere over the past couple of weeks. True, I had been weeding quite well for a while, but I've been a bit distracted lately - and have paid the price now.

Some of them are going to enrich the compost heap whilst others I may try to re-use as mulch on the beds (so other weeds don't take over the bare soil).

I did try this before ... this time, I'm taking off the roots, so they don't just re-grow!


I think I'll be busy in the garden for a while yet.


Some things are going well though. Interplanting with flowers has been a great success.


The strawberries are doing well this year.


The sweetcorn is doing its best (may be a tad short - but it could stilll work).


The shallots taste great.


The sunflowers amongst the peas are starting to show.

Marigolds look good with the cabbage.

Night scented stock has done well.


Indoors, we've been busy finding bargains.

We got our kitchen reduced in the Ikea sale - just in time, as its being discontinued!


Got the cooker ex-display.


and even got ourselves a well needed discount on our paint - yes, I held out and got the eco-stuff .. luckily it covers really well, so we didn't have to buy too much of it.

Still lots to do inside - haven't finished the dry lining - haven't even started oiling the internal wood.

There's also still a rumor that we'll have mains electrics next week.

Right now, I'm on my last few minutes of battery power, so thats all for now, folks.

1 comment:

  1. The garden is looking great. I do love flowers and veg growing together in wild abandon, keeps the pesties at bay too. On a positive note for thistles...they do have lovely purple flowers...I love purple. See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who have dropped by to read the blog, so please don't be shy about leaving a comment.